Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thing 30: Reflection

So much great learning this year!!  I so appreciate the motivation and exposure to new tools that Cool Tools provides each year.  Once again I feel like taking this course has really impacted my library program as it prompted me to explore new things and not overthink them, but instead just dive in and try them.
I feel like my social media presence and website have definitely been impacted- I especially love having discovered Tint to embed a large Facebook widget to streamline my process of keeping everything up to date.  In addition I made the commitment to purchase Smore, so that I will be motivated to create and share regular updates for faculty and staff.
As I worked through the "Emerging Tech" thing I looked forward to next year, and used that to help inform my goal setting for next year.  I know that I will continue to utilize the tools and skills that I developed this year as I implement many of these things.  I will also use these goals to make my upcoming ISTE conference experience meaningful.  I even committed to sharing at the Librarian's Playground on day one of ISTE because of my goal to share more of what I do with my PLN.  I get so much from other people and feel like I am ready to start sharing some of what I do- I feel a little responsibility to give back... and that is another great reflection opportunity.
Many of the things I tried this year were first steps in larger projects and I look forward to continuing to move forward with the library MakerSpace, Learning Commons redesign, "Read the World" projects, etc...
Thanks so much for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment