Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Book Group

I am really looking forward to going to the Young Adult book club this afternoon.  As always I would have liked to get more read before this meeting, but I am excited to share about what I did read and hear all of the other ideas people have.  We are bringing along curriculum ideas for one of the books we read, so we can all create another resource for reading!  It is always nice to come away with something to share with other people as well. 
The books we are discussing today are:
Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Otherside of the Island by Allegra Goodman
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
The Everafter by Amy Huntley
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo

Happy Reading Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Maze Runner and Incarceron are on my "to read" list. Did you get to either of those? I'll have to add the others. I've been enjoying a little adult reading over the summer. I'm working on the Song of Ice and Fire series and This Is Not The Story You Think It Is: A Season of Unlikely Happiness. Both are good in their own way, but are taking a while to get through. Hope book group went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Incarceron. Not my typical genre, but it was pretty good. I will be interested to find out what happens in the sequel, but probably content to just ask someone rather than spend the time reading it myself. I too have read some good adult books this summer. Little Bee and The Dirty Life. Now I am working throuh this book list of YA titles.

    ReplyDelete